PRESIDENTS ANNUAL REPORT 2015
At last years' AGM there were forty Ex- Students in attendance.
Apologies from: John Drayton and Daniel Boyle.
1. Reunion – Once again the reunion weekend was a success. Many thanks to all of the committee and helpers for their time and energy to making it a success once again. Special thanks to Penny Lee for being the backbone of the organising once again. I believe that the annual reunion weekend is a significant tradition that must kept in place for the future. We are looking for any suggestions for changes, additions or a revamping of the current format.
2. Membership – Our current Financial Membership is now 888. This is our main source of revenue so we urge you to complete an application form and become a Member if you are not already. We will be marketing the membership via Facebook over the next year. Letters are sent to the families of all graduating students suggesting Membership as a graduation gift. This was quite successful with over thirty graduating students becoming members last year.
3. Newsletter – This was our first year of dropping back the newsletter from tri annual to a bi annual newsletter. It is quite an expensive exercise and I ask any Ex-students to contact us should you wish to advertise in the Newsletter.
4. Scholarships – Scholarships remain relatively unchanged and once again thank you to the donors. This year there is currently twenty six students on Ex-Student funded scholarships.
5. Memorabilia Room – I would urge all Ex- Students to visit the Memorabilia Room. It has some very interesting exhibits and is continuously being updated and added to. Thanks to Brian Richards for his time and determination in keeping this initiative going.
6. Father Segrief Memorial Plaque – The Association contributed to a Memorial Plaque situated outside the Chapel for Father Segrief. Father Segrief was the first rector of Woodlawn and was a Chaplin for the New Zealand Army at the Gallipolli landing.
7. Facebook Page – The Ex- Students Facebook page has been up and running for about six months. We currently have 598 “Likers”. Social media is a great way to stay in contact and we endeavor to utilize this medium to keep the Ex- Students up to date on College happenings, Ex- Students reunions and sub reunions. I believe Social media is crucial in attracting younger members and remaining relevant to them.
8. The Ex Students Association Scholarship Fund - Is now a Deductible Gift Recipient and Charity. Therefore all future donations will be tax deductible. Any personal donation you may be able to make would be greatly appreciated.
9. Woodlawn Cup Race Day - The Woodlawn Cup was held on the 21st May 2015. There was over 200 people in the marquee. Five of the seven races on the day were sponsored by Ex-Students business’s. There were a good number of Ex-Students present on the day. The Cup Day would be a perfect setting for informal reunions.
10. Conclusion – I would like to thank all of the Members of the Committee for the work and time they have put into the Association and I feel that we can add to the Association’s success in the next year. Thanks to Father Paul Pidcock and John Molloy as our Patrons, who provide us with great support and guidance throughout the year.